1. Digestion occurs in the food vacuoles within cells.
2. Lysosomal enzymes are secreted into the food vacuole.
3. Products of digestion diffuse into cytoplasm through vacuolar membrane.
4. Ingestion occurs through pinocytic vesicle,e.g. protozoans, spongens and coeleneterates.
1. Digestion occurs outside of cells in the lumen of the alimentary canal.
2. Salivary, gastric pancreatic and intestinal enzymes are secreted into the digestive cavity.
3. Digested food materials are absorbed into blood through gut epithelia.
4. Ingestion occurs through mouth, e.g. coelentarates to chordates.