1. Nutrients are oxidized in presence of molecular oxygen.
2. It occurs in the cytoplasm as well as in mitochondria.
3. Glucose is completely oxidized into CO2 and H2O.C6H12O6+O2 — 6O2+6H2O + energy
4. 38 ATP molecules are released from complete oxidation of glucose.
5. It occurs in animals and higher organisms.
1. Nutrients are oxidized in absence of molecular oxygen.
2. It occurs in the cytoplasm only.
3. Glucose is incompletely oxidized into lactic acid and ethyl alcohol. C6H12O6 — 2C3H6O3+ energy lactic acid
4. 2ATP molecules are released.
5. It occurs in lower organisms like yeast.