It is the effort made by man to prevent soil erosion. The following methods are adopted.
1. Afforestation is the planting of trees and other vegetation on hill slopes.
2. Grazing of animals should be restricted as overgrazing leads to severe soil erosion.
3. Proper farming techniqes should be followed, e.g., terracing of hills, contour ploughing, constructing bunds etc.
4. Planting of Shelter Belts. Belts of trees should be planted to check the speed of the wind and prevent soil movement.
5. By maintaining a high level of nutrients and organic matter in cultivated soils.