5 important Advantages of Informal Organisation
1. The informal organisation helps the organisational members to develop some cohesiveness among them and thereby it tries to create effective work teams out of them. It perpetuates cultural values which the group holds as important.
2. It satisfies the "belonging needs" of the organisational members. The individuals do feel that there are others in the organisation that can take care for them and who have got more concern towards compared to the management.
3. Even if the formal organisation structure is not developing interaction among the employees, the informal organisation makes the individuals to help each other in realizing their role expectations.
4. It helps the organisation members to develop interdependence among themselves and thereby it reduces their perceivable fear towards the top management.
5. The communication network of the informal organisation is more effective than the formal channel. It spreads very quickly since the channels in the informal setup are never doubted.