5 important Features of Classical Theory
1. The principal aim of the organisation is productivity.
2. It can be realised only by a formal organisation structure.
3. The workers are like cogs in the machine; they have to be fitted to the structure.
4. The formal structure has to be based on:;
(a) Rules and regulations,
(b) Divisions of labour and specialisation,
(c) Standardization of roles,
(d) Assignment of tasks and responsibilities,
(e) Hierarchy of authority,
(f) Control through this hierarchy,
(g) Order and discipline and
(h) Observance of a few other principles.
5. The workers are to be encouraged through monetary incentives.