Why are rivers important for the country's economy?
The rivers are important in country's economy because of the following reasons:
1. Because of the rivers being more than water carrying channels, human civilisations, were born in the river valleys, flourished and developed.
2. Besides water, they carry sediments and minerals which are very useful for us.
3. Rivers sustained all types of human activities like hunting gathering, pastoral and farming activities by providing them water.
4. They help cities and towns to carry their wastes.
5. Rivers provide cheap and efficient inland transport for trade and commerce.
6. Their water is extensively used in irrigation and in developing hydroelectricity.
7. They also provide water to reservoirs which are used for fishing and recreational activities.