The Importance of Lesson Planning are as follows:
Lesson-Planning has certain definite functions to perform which are indispensable in good teaching.
1. Lesson- Planning gives the teacher greater assurance and greater freedom in teaching. The teacher who has planned his lesson wisely, enters the class-room without anxiety, ready to embark with confidence upon a job he understands and prepared to carry it to a workman like conclusion.
2. It provides for adequate lesson summaries, ensures a definite assignment for class, and availability of materials for lesson when needed.
3. It stimulates the teacher to introduce pivotal questions and illustrations.
4. Since lesson planning establishes proper connections between different lessons or units of study, it provides and encourages continuity in the teaching provides and encourages continuity in the teaching process.
5. It ensures association between various lessons in the same main, unit, the selection and organisation of subject-matter, materials and activities.
6. It enables the teacher to know the most desirable type of teaching procedures and to prepare tests of progress and checks for judging the outcomes of instruction.
7. Lesson-planning prevents waste because it helps the teacher to be systematic and orderly. It saves him form haphazard teaching.