1. Explain the following
(e) Suspension cell culture
2. Distinguish between Macrandrous and Nanandrous.
3. Mention the symptoms, causal organism, mode of infection and control measures of:
(a) Stripe disease of barley, and
(b) Citrus canker
4. Describe the process of liquid waste treatment by micro-organisms.
5. Describe the role of Phytotoxins in plant pathogenesis.
6. Write short notes on:
(a) Thermophyllic eubacteria
(b) Symbiotic nitrogen-fixing bacteria
(c) Microbes which produce economically useful products
(d) Oncogenic viruses
7. Bio-deterioration caused by microbial organisms in agricultural produce. Explain this phenomenon.
8. Give an account of the improvements made in activities of microorganisms in forestry, agriculture, industry and environment.
9. Describe the Protein synthesis.
10. Write short notes on:
(a) Chemical composition of bacterial cell wall
(b) Cell wall less bacteria
(c) Define parasite
(d) Red rot of sugarcane
(e) Sandal spike
(f) Bacterial blight of paddy
11. Give an account of Protoplast culture.
12. Describe the following:
(a) Apospory (b) Caruncle
(c) X-bodies (d) NPC system
13. Write short notes on:
(a) Types of bacterial culture media
(b) Structure of bacteriophage
(c) T.M.V. (Tobacco masiac virus)
(d) Economic importance of bacteria.
(e) Structure of Polytrichum capsule.
14. Write an account of the different types of antibiotics, their sources and modes of action.
15. Write short notes on:
(a) Flagellation in bacteria
(b) Gram negative cell wall
(c) Pathogenic Escherichia coli
(d) Transmission of viruses
(e) Ear cockle of wheat
(f) Use of micro-organisms of bioremediation.
16. Differentiative between:
(a) Zoospore and compound zoospore.
(b) Obligate and facultative parasites.
17. Municipal waste treatment by anaerobic and aerobic micro-organisms.
18. Write a note on Control of viral diseases of plants.
19. Write an account of the importance of bacteria in soil fertility.
20. Write an account of drug yielding plants.
21. What makes the bacterial spores highly resistant?
22. Provide brief notes on: (a) Lysozyme
(d) Synangium of Psilotum
23. Give an account of the causal organism, symptoms and control of red rot of sugarcane.
24. Enumerate the benefits of bacteria.
25. Briefly bring out the molecular basis of infection and disease resistance.
26. Differentiative between:
(a) Somatic embryogenesis and caulogenesis.
(b) Disease prevention and disease cure.
27. Name several species of pathogenic organisms that may be present in polluted water.
28. Comment upon the importance of Heterospory.
29. Write a note on any two important diseases caused by Nematodes.
30. Why are coloured mushrooms not edible? Give reason(s).
31. Write critical notes on the following:
(a) Bacteriophage (b) Organ culture
32. Distinguish between:
(a) Zoospore and Oospore
(b) Virion and Prion
33. How do food infection and food poisoning occur? Explain.
34. What are the major differences between Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria?