25 GK Questions and Answers on Indian Constitution
1. India is a democratic republic because:
(a) The Head of the State is elected by the people
(b) There is Parliamentary supremacy
(c) There is a independence of Judiciary
(d) None of these
2. The Supreme Court of India is located at:
(a) Mumbai (b) Delhi (c) New Delhi (d) Kolkata
3. From which date did the Constitution of India come into force?
(a) 26 January, 1950 (b) 15 August, 1947
(c) 20 January, 1950 (d) 26 January, 1947
4. What is the duration of the term of the President of India?
(a) 4 years (b) 5 y;ars
(c) 6 years (d) 7 years
5. Which qualification is not essential for election as the President of India?
(a) Citizen of India
(,b) Not less than 35 years of age
(c) Member of Lok Sabha
(d) Not holding an pffice of profit
6. The number of Members of the Rajya Sabha nominated by the President is:
(a) 18 (b) 10
(c) 12 (d) 14
7. What is the maximum number of Judges, besides the Chief Justice, that our Supreme Court can have?
(a) 11 ( b) 12
(c) 13 (d) 14
8. Who is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of India?
(a) Defence Minister (b) Prime Minister of India
(c) President of India (d) Chief of the Army Staff
9. A Money Bill passed by the Lok Sabha can be detained by Rajya Sabha for a maximum period of:
(a) 14 days (b) 30 days
(c) 90 days (d) 60 days
10. How many spokes are there in the Ashoka Wheel of the Indian National Flag?
(a) 24 (b) 23
(c) 22 (d) None of these
11. Who was the first Indian Governor General of Free India?
(a) C. Rajagopalachari (b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Rajendra Prasad (d) None of these
12. Our National Anthem is:
(a) Jana Gana Mana
(b) Vande Mataram
(c) Jhanda Uncha Rahe Hamara
(d) Sare Jahane Se Achchha Hindustan Hamara
13. Which is India's National Animal?
(a) Tiger (b) Lion
(c) Elephant (c) Cow
14. Which is the National Bird of India?
(a) Nightingale (b) Pigeon
(c) Peacock (d) Swan
15. The National Flowers of India is: (a) Rose (b) Jasmine
(c) Loms (d) Hebiscus
16. Which of the following Indian States does not have a common boundary with Myanmar (Burma)?
(a) Manipur (b) Nagaland
(c) Assam (d) Arunachal Pradesh
17. The Chief Election Commissioner is appointed by:
(a) President of India (b) Prime Minister (c) Home Minister (d) Parliament
18. The first General Election were held in India:
(a) 1947 (b) 1952
(c) 1950 (d) None of these
19. Who elects the Vice-President of India?
(a) Rajya Sabha (b) Lok Sabha
(c) Both Houses of Parliament at a joint session
(d) None of these
20. The maximum number of members of Lok Sabha is:
(a) 525 (b) 535
(c) 545 (d) 550
21. Fundamental Rights can be classified into:
(a) 5 groups (b) 6 groups (c) 7 groups (d) 8 groups
22. The leader of the majority party in the Lok Sabha is:
(a) The Prime Minister (b) The Vice-President
(c) The President
(d) The Speaker of Lok Sabha
23. The President of India holds office for a period of:
(a) 6 years (b) 5 years
(c) 4 years (d) 7 years
24. India owes its political integration to the genius of:
(a) Jawahar Lai Nehru (b) Lord Mountbatten (c) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel (d) C. Rajagopalachari
25. Under the provisions of which Article of the Constitution is President's rule imposed in a State?
(a) 352 (b) 351
(c) 356 (d) 361
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (a) 4. (b) 5. (c) 6. (c) . 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (a) 10. (a) 11. (a) 12. (a) 13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (c) 16. (c) 17. (a) 18. (b) 19. (c) 20. (c) 21. (b) 22. (a) 23. (b) 24. (c) 25. (c)