Forests are precious national resource whim not only play significant role in national condor but help in pollution control and maintaining logical balance. These offer a number of direct indirect advantages which have been realised sin time immemorial.
1. Forests provide valuable timber for dome tic and commercial use. Industries like paper, matt making, plywood, sports goods, lakh and furniture at directly based on raw materials derived from forest
2. Forests supply a number of minor produce which are utilised in different industries and domes* tic uses. These include lakh, gum and resins, tannin material, medicines, herbs, honey, spices, etc.
3. Forests offer employment to about 4 million people to earn their livelihood in forest based occupations, i.e., lumbering, sawing, furniture making, forest produce collecting, etc.
4. Auction of forests for commercial use fetches annual income to state exchequer.
5. Export of forest products earns valuable foreign exchange to the country.
6. Grazing of cattle in the forests helps in dairy farming and cattle rising.
7. Forests are the natural habitat for wild life and birds which attract tourists, holiday makers and hunters. These may be developed as very good picnic or tourist centers in the form of wild life sanctuaries and national parks which have good employment and income generating potential.
1. Forests are the moderators of climate. These have effective role in controlling humidity and temperature and precipitation.
2. Forests play dominant role in carbon cycle. These absorb atmospheric carbon-di-oxide and help in maintaining the purity of air and controlling atmospheric pollution.
3. Forests help in controlling soil erosion, soil degradation and floods. That is why these are very helpful in land reclamation and flood control.
4. Forests help in water percolation and thereby maintain underground water table.
5. Decay of plant leaves provides humus to the soils and increases their fertility.
6. Indian forests are rich in wild life housing about 500 species of animals.
7. Forests help in maintaining natural scenic beauty which every year attract a number of tourists and nature lovers.
8. Forests provide natural habitat to a number of primitive tribes which are part of our rich cultural heritage. Their mode of living, economy and cultural traits are based on forest environment.
9. Forests provide recluse to rashes, saints and hermits who have enriched our religious and cultural thoughts. Mere a visit of such quiet serene environment relieves physical and mental strains and refurbishes new vitality and vigor.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?