1. For which crops alluvial soils are suited ?
Ans. Rice, wheat, sugarcane, jute.
2. What is the percentage of Alluvial soil in India ?
Ans. 24%, 8 lacs square kilometers.
3. Which type of soil is also known as Regur soil ?
Ans Black soil.
4. What is the percentage of Black soil in India ?
Ans. 5 lacs square kilometers.
5. Which soil is most suitable for cotton crops ?
Ans. Black soil.
6. For which Important crops red soils are suited ?
Ans. Jwar and Bajra.
7. Which is, the main crops of Laterite soils ?
8. For which crops mountain soils are suited ?
Ans. Fruit orchards.
9. What is soil leaching ?
Ans. The fertility of laterite sail is reduced because most of their minerals and nutrients are dissolved in water and flushed Into deep underground. This process is called soil leaching.