1. From where the river Satluj originates?
Ans. near Mansarovar lake from Rakas Tal in Tibet.
2. Which river of India is the longest and the largest?
Ans. The Ganga.
3. After joining which river the Ganga forms the world's biggest delta?
Ans. The Brahmaputra.
4. Where is the confluence of the rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati?
5. By which name the river Brahmaputra is known as in Tibet?
6. Which river separates Hariyana from Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. Yamuna River.
7. Which rivers of the South India (Peninsular India) flow in Rift valleys?
Ans. Narmada and Tapti.
8. Which alone river of the north-western India falls in the Arabian sea ?
9. Which river of Eastern India flows in the rift valleys?
10. Which river flows in between the Vindhyachal and Satpura mountain ranges?
11. Which mountain ranges separates the rivers Narmada and Tapti?
Ans. Satpura ranges.
12. Which is the longest among the Peninsular Rivers?