1. When was the Constituent Assembly convened ?
2. When was the first session of the Constituent Assembly held ?
Answer:9 December, 1946
3. Under which Plan was the Constituent Assembly constituted ?
Answer:Cabinet Mission Plan
4. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly ?
Answer:Dr. Rajandra Prasad
5. Who was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee ?
Answer:B R. Ambedkar
6. When was the drafting of the Indian Constitution completed and adopted ?
Answer:26 November, 1949
7. When was the Constitution of India put into effect ?
Answer:26 January ,1950
8. Since when India became a Republic ?
Answer:26 January, 1950
9. Who was the first Vice- President of the Indian Union ?
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
10. Who was the first Vice- President of the Indian Union ?
11. Who was the first Prime Minister of the Indian Union ?
12. Who was the last Governor- General (Viceroy) of British India ?
13. Who was the first Governor- General of the Indian Dominion (Independent India) ?
14. Who adopted the National Flag of India ?
Answer:The Constituent Assembly (July 1947)
15. Who set forth the main objectives of the Constituent Assembly in the form of the Objective Resolution ?
16. How many articles are there in the Indian Constitution ?
17. How many Fundamental Rights have been guaranteed by the Indian Constitution ?
18. How many Fundamental Duties have been assigned to the citizens of India ?
19. Who appoints the Prime minister of India ?
Answer:The President of India
20. How is the President of India elected ?
Answer: By Electoral College
21. What is the name of the Upper House of the Indian Parliament?
Answer: Rajya Sabha
22. What is the name of the Lower House of the Indian Parliament?
Answer: Lok Sabha
23. Who presides over the session of the Lok Sabha?
Answer: The Speaker
24. Who presides over the session of the Rajya Sabha?
Answer: The Vice-President of India
25. Can President's rule be imposed on the Central like that in the states?
26. Who appoints the Governors of States?
Answer: The President of India
27. What is the total number of members in the Lok Sabha?
28. What is the number of elected members in the Lok Sabha?
29. How many members constitute the Rajya Sabha?
30. How are the members of the Rajya Sabha elected?
Answer: Proportional representation by single transferable vote
31. How many representatives are there in the Lok Sabha from West Bengal?
Answer: 42 representatives
32. What is the total number of members in the West Bengal Legislative Assembly?
Answer: 294 Members
33. What is the tenure of Lok Sabha?
Answer: 5 years
34. Which is the highest Judicial Court of India?
Answer: The Supreme Court
35. How many Judges constitute the Supreme Court?
Answer: 26 Judges
36. How many times till 2006 the Parliamentary Elections have been held?
Answer: 14 times
37. A citizen of how many years of age can cast vote?
Answer: 18 years
38. How many Indian Territories are there in the Indian Union?
Answer: 7 (seven)
39. How many times (till October 2006) Indian Constitution has been amended?
Answer: 93 times
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?