Advantages of Computer-Assisted Instruction (CAI):
(1) Immediate feedback: The immediate feedback provided by interactive terminals keeps students interacting and eager to keep trying.
(2) Active participation: Even weaker students are obliged to participate actively. They often remain passive in lectures.
(3) No annoyance: The computer will wait patiently for an answer and does not express annoyance with wrong response.
(4) Graphics facility: Interactive graphics make it possible to sample many more illustrations that could easily be shown in a textbook.
(5) Mathematical calculations: Mathematical calculations can be done as readily for realistic examples as for artificially simple class that can be solved analytically.
(6) Accurate data: Large volumes of data can be handled with accuracy and without drudgery.
(7) Enrichment of course: The novel technique provides enrichment of course through added variety.