• It regulates body temperature.
• It helps in the internal cleanliness of body by excreting urine, excreta and other poisonous substances from the body.
• It helps in body building. It is present in cells, bones and blood in the body.
• It helps in the secretion of digestive juices in the body.
• It protects the body organs from injuries, shocks and frictions.
(b) Household uses of water:
t It is used for personal cleanliness like in bathing.
• It is used in cooking, cleaning utensils, drinking, washing clothes, and household cleaning.
• It is used for gardening and for pet animals, (c) Public uses of water:
• It is used to clean roads and drains in towns.
• It is used to clean public toilets.
• It is required in parks, gardens and fountains.
• It is used for extinguishing fires. id) Industrial uses of water:
• It is used for power production (electricity), irrigation, in running mills, and factories.
In brief, water is vital for us. Because of its important relation with our body it becomes very essential. The water we use should be neat and clean for drinking (Potable) otherwise it may harm our health. Potable water should have following qualities:
Qualities of potable water
Water which is free from impurities and safe for human consumption is known as potable water. This portability is determined by chemical and microbiological tests. Potable water must have certain qualities given below in the table:
(а) Polluted water. When the taste, odour, colour, etc. of water is changed because of the physical impurities caused by mixture of certain substances is known as polluted water.
(б) Contaminated water. Water which is unsafe for human consumption due to the addition of animal and human excreta is known as contaminated water.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?