The difference between Keratinized and Non-keratinized Squamous Epithelium are given below:
Kertinized Suamous Epithelium:
1. The cells of few outer layers of stratified squamous epithetium replace their cytoplasm with a hard water proof protein
2. The layers of flat dead cells-stratum corneum or horney layers are present.
3. It forms epidermis of the skin of land vertebrates.
4. It prevents loss of loss of water and mechanical injury.
1. It has living squamous cells at the surface.
2. Strtum corneum absent as non-kertinization or cornification occurs.
3. It is formed in lining of cornea, mouth, pharynx, oesophagus, vocal cords, vigina, cervix etc.
4. It provides mechanical protection from injury.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?