The main characteristics of Arthropoda are given below:
1. Bilaterally symmetrical, triploblastic with segmented body, organ system leel body organisation and their coelome is haemocoel.
2. Bosy is divisible intohead, throrax and abdomen, where head and thorax is generally cephalo thorax.
3. Body is covered with chitin which periodically shed through moulting.
4. Digestive system is well developed.
5. Ocellia and compound eye are present.
6. Mulphighian tubule and green gland are excretory bodies and sexes separate.
7. Gonads and gonoducts are well developed.
8. Larval forms are many.