Differences between reducing and non-reducing sugars are:
1. Possess a free aldehyde(-CHO) or ketone (-C=0) Group.
2. Can reduce the Cu2+ cupric ions (blue)in Fehling’s or Benedict’s Solution to Cu+ cuprous ions (reddish) that precipitate out as Cu2O(cuprous oxide).
3. Maltose. lactose, melibiose, gentiobiose, cellobiose, mannotriose, rhamnotriose.
1. A free aldehyde or ketonic group is lacking.
2. No such reaction.
3. Sucrose, trehalose,raffinose, gentiarose, melezitose.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?