If the young people get military training they will constitute a reserve army for the country. At the time of need they can be called for active service.
Arguments for :
1. In the Schools and Colleges there is a Jot of indiscipline which hinders the imparting of education. No amount of pressure and advice can finish this indiscipline because the young stick too much to their own decision. Compulsory military training will cultivate discipline in them.
2. If the young people get military training they will constitute a reserve army for the country. At the time of need they can be called for active service.
3. Military training will develop some of the good qualities in the young people. It will make them punctual, obedient, hard working and patriotic. In this manner it will be of a great help to the nation as far as character-building of the young is concerned.
Arguments against :
1. Compulsory military training will divide the attention of the students and they will not be able to concentrate on studies which should be the main aim of student life.
2. If the young know how to handle weapons it can be potentially dangerous for the nation. At one or the other stage if they are exploited by the vested interests they would become dangerous terrorists.
3. It is wrong to think that military training will cultivate good qualities. At the School or College level strict discipline as is obtainable in the army cannot be observed. Moreover, neither the students nor the instructors are so serious about this because it as subordinated to the normal education.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?