The following are the objectives of population education.
1. To provide knowledge and understanding of the prevailing situation.
2. Create awareness among the students about population matters, environment, and supply and demand of essential commodities.
3. Provide necessary skill to evaluate the impact and consequence of population growth on society.
4. To give the knowledge of population policy and population measures.
5. To provide the knowledge of causes of population growth and government's efforts to check it.
6. To develop awareness on the population dynamics.
7. To provide the knowledge of manpower management and resource development.
8. To enable students to know the merit of small family.
9. To known the causes of urbanization and its related problems.
10. To know about the causes of deforestation and ecological imbalance.