One often has occasions to complain about certain matters regarding one's office. It could be concerning lack of amenities or some other inconveniences. Such a letter is in two parts, first describing the cause of complaint and the second offering a solution.
Start the letter by giving the nature of your complaint:
1. I regret to say that because of over-crowding in our room, free movement has become extremely difficult.
2. This is to inform you that the lighting in our room is inadequate / insufficient. Thus, it become: very difficult to work, especially in winter evenings.
3. I regret to inform you that our room is exposed to the sun and in summer it becomes too hot to work there.
4. I have to inform you very reluctantly that the gentlemen on the table next to mine use objectionable language which should not have been used in the presence of a lady.
5. I regret to inform you that the new clerk we have appointed is rude and discourteous.
Suggest some corrective measures, if possible
6. I hope you will look into this matter and take corrective measures soon.
7. I am sure a slight reprimand from you will correct his ways.
8. May I, therefore, request you to provide us with more electric bulbs?
9. We, therefore, request you to get the water cooler repaired immediately.
10. I hope you will take care to get a few curtains for the windows to prevent the glare of the summer sun.
11. I am sure you will look into our grievances and take proper remedial action.
12. Please oblige us by taking necessary measures.
This is to inform you that the lighting in our room is insufficient. Thus, it becomes difficult to work, especially in winter evenings. Please oblige us by taking necessary measures.