First of all give reasons for the application for leave: (l regret to inform you that ……………)
1. Due to a sudden attack of influenza/malaria I have been confined to bed with fever and am unable to attend the office.
2. Due to the sudden demise of my father, in Mumbai, I have to leave immediately to perform/attend to his last rites.
3. Of late I have been having shooting pain in my back/head, and hence, I need a few days' rest.
4. My son has suddenly taken ill and he has to be admitted to the hospital.
5. I have to perform Shradha ceremony of my late mother.
6. I have to go out of town for two days to attend my brother's wedding.
7. This is to inform you that my B.A/M.A. examinations begin from next month and so I require two weeks' leave in the beginning of the month.
After that make a request for sanctioning leave:
8. It will be very kind of you if you grant me casual leave for today only.
9. It is, therefore, to request you to grant me leave for two days, i.e., today and tomorrow. So, please grant/sanction me leave for a week from today.
10. Whatever pending work there is, I will finish them soon after I join duty.
11. Please grant me leave for these two days and oblige.
12. Enclosed is a medical certificate for your kind perusal.
13. The leave may kindly be granted. The medical certificate will be submitted later on. 5 In my absence Krishnan has agreed to handle some of the urgent matters I deal with.
I regret to inform you that due to a sudden attack of influenza I have been confined to bed with fever and am unable to attend the office. It is, therefore, to request you to grant me leave for two days i.e., today and tomorrow.