Who else wants to learn the art of writing outstanding engagement or wedding invitation letters? Read this article to get mastery over the said topic.
In the beginning write about the date and the place of ceremony:
1. I wish to inform you that I am getting engaged on June 20, 201*.
2. Engagement of my son/ brother/ daughter will be solemnized on September 1, 201*.
3. This is to inform you that my son's/ brother's daughter's sister's engagement has been fixed for May 2, 201*.
4. This is to inform you that April 20 has been fixed as the date of my marriage.
5. I am pleased to inform you that the date and place of my wedding ceremony have been finally fixed. It is on February 8, 2001 at my residence.
6. The barat will start from our residence in the evening at 6.00 p.m.
7. The marriage ceremony of your daughter will be solemnized on January 15, 201* at 10.00 a.m. at Agarwal Dharamshala, Model Town.
8. I would like to inform you that ………………
9. You will be happy to know that ………………
Now extend Personal Invitation:
10. Of course the printed invitations have been sent, but I must write personally to a close friend like you to join us on the occasion.
11. It will be a great pleasure to have you among the guests.
12. Why don't you come a little early and help me with some work here.
13. I needn't tell you that without you the wedding celebration would lack the charm.
14. Of course, you are one in the reception party to receive the barat.
15. You are also invited to attend the reception ceremony which is on the next day of the marriage.
16. I am keen to have you among us on ………………
17. You know well that the functions will lack the charm if you are not there.
18. I heartily invite you
19. It is also your duty to make the functions gay and lively.
Once again insist on the person's joining:
20. You know that I won't take a 'no' from you.
21. I am counting a lot on your coming. So don't disappoint me.
22. My mother is very eager to have you as my best man.
23. Let me remind that you have to be there. I am not going to accept a negative answer.
24. Hope to meet you on the day of the wedding.
25. Please come two days before the marriage as I have to talk to you about certain important matters.
26. I shall expect you to be at my place two days before.
My dear ………………,
This is to inform you that April 20 has been fixed as the date of my marriage. Of course, the printed invitations have been sent, but I must write personally to a close friend like you to join us on this occasion. Please come two days before the marriage as I have to talk to you about certain important matters. You know that I won't take a 'no' from you.