A letter of good wishes on the recovery of a person from 'a long illness will make him happier. It shows a concern for the other person and a desire to share his/her happiness and suffering, it makes social ties more endearing and lasting.
Begin with a feeling of happiness over the recovery from illness:
1. I am delighted to know that the plasters on your thighs have been finally removed and you have been discharged from the hospital.
2. It is a great relief to hear that you are now back home and have recovered from your illness.
3. It is a great relief to know that you have at last recovered from your prolonged illness and have started walking.
4. I am very happy to hear that your son/daughter/brother/sister has recovered from his/her serious illness and are, now, back to a new life.
5. I am happy to know that your wounds have healed and you are backing home.
6. It is a tremendous relief to know that you have finally recovered from the old illness and put our doubts at rest.
7. Our boss also was extremely happy to know that you are being discharged from the hospital.
8. It is a matter of great relief that you have, at last, recovered from your illness.
Then congratulate for recovery from illness:
9. Accept my heartiest congratulations on your recovery from the severe illness.
10. My wife/family joins me in congratulating you on your recovery.
11.1 understand your illness had made everybody panicky. Now that you are better, everybody can take a sigh of relief.
12. Congratulations on your being back to a new life.
13. We heartily congratulate you on your recovery.
14. Hearty congratulations on being cured of such a dangerous ailment.
15. Please accept our heartiest congratulations on your daughter's recovery from such a dreaded disease.
16. I congratulate you on surviving from such a massive heart attack.
Express good wishes for a complete convalescence:
17. I am sure you will be up and about within a few days.
18. I don't think your bones should give you any more trouble now.
19. We are looking forward to your joining us in the office.
20. I am sure, now you will be able to accompany your husband on the foreign trip, next month.
21. I don't think your health will be affected anymore like this.
22. Finally, you will be able to accompany your children to Shimla, this summer.
23. Hope you will start going to office soon.
A word of advice for regaining the health would convey your sincere feelings to the person:
24. Why don't you join us here for a few days? It being a hill station, the climate is very good here.
25. Still you should take care not to exert yourself too much.
26. Please take care of your diet as per the doctor's advice.
27. Please be sure to take some good tonic in consultation with your doctor.
28. Take full rest for some more days/ according to the doctor's advice.
29. Don't let him/ her play around too much for a few days.
30. Thank Cod! Your parent's worries are over now.
31. I am sending you a few novels and comics to give you a company during your rest time.
32. Thank God that you are back to good health now.
Conclude with a few words of 'Good Wishes':
33. I will drop in one of these days. Best Wishes.
34. Accept my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
35. I hope this is your last trip to the hospital.
36. As soon as I get some time, I will come to Delhi to see you.
37. The moment I get some time, I will be with you in Delhi. Take care.
38. I hope to meet you soon.
39. Wishing you all the best.
I am delighted that the plasters on your thighs have been finally removed and you have been discharged from the hospital. I understand your illness had made everybody panicky. Now that you are better, everybody can take a sigh of relief. I am sure you will be up and about within a few days. Still you should take care not to exert yourself too much. I will drop in one of these days to see you.
With love and regards,