Do you want to write urgent complaint letter for Over-billing of Power or Telephone? Here are few self-tested methods to do so.
Start your letter expressing surprise and regrets for over-billing
1. I am quite surprised to receive such a heavy bill for domestic power consumed during the last two months.
2. I am quite disturbed to see an inflated telephone bill for calls made in the quarter, January to March 1999.
3. I regret to say that you have overcharged me for domestic electricity in the bill for January 1999.
4. I must point out to you that the telephone bill I have received from you for calls made in the last two months is much more than my expectation.
5. I feel there is definitely some mistake in billing such a big amount towards electricity consumed in my house during the last two months.
6. I am astonished to see an inflated bill for telephone calls made during the last quarter.
7. I am surprised to receive the electricity bill of Rs. 5500/- for the quarter ending July.
Discuss the main objections:
8. It was just not possible for me to have used so much of power during this period as I was out of station with my family for more than a month and the house was locked.
9. If you compare it with our bill of last quarter, you will clearly see the gross mistake your department has made. While in the last bill meter reading were 48923, the reading in this KS starts from 47282.
10. The number of calls you have charged work out, on an average, to 20 calls a day and it is impossible for us to make so many calls every day, as we do not even have STD connection
11. Our phone is used only by a few family members and that also not for business purposes it is therefore, not possible for us to have made such a large number of calls as you have shown in the bill.
12. If you compare our bill for winter when power consumption is at its peak, you will see that it is just not possible for us to have used so much electricity in the summer months which you have billed so heavily.
13. The power-meter in our house appears to be faulty. It moves rather fast and that is why it indicates such a large consumption.
14. Our power consumption has always been low and we have never received a bill for more than Rs. 200/-, If necessary, you may check it from the earlier records.
Urge for rectification of the bill:
15. Please rectify the bill so that I may make the payment.
16. You are, therefore, requested to have the meter checked and send me the amended bill for payment.
17. You may kindly send me a provisional bill, till this dispute is settled.
18. Therefore, please revise this inflated bill and send me a fresh bill for prompt payment.
19. I therefore, request you to check if our phone is being misused.
20. Please arrange to make necessary amendments and oblige.
21. I am making the payment now under protest. But, please arrange to make the necessary corrections and adjust the excess amount charged in future bills.
I am quite surprised to receive such a heavy bill for domestic power consumed by me during the last two months. It was just not possible for me to have used so much of power during this period as I was out of station with my family for more than a month and the house was locked. Please arrange to make necessary amendments and oblige.