The main features of Indian agriculture observed after independence are as follows:
1. Large areas have been brought under irrigation.
2. Use of fertilizers and pesticides has been increased.
3. Large area has been brought under high yielding variety of seeds which brings green revolution in India.
4. Although modern techniques are adopted still animals play a significant role in various agricultural activities.
5. Major part of the agriculture depends mainly on monsoon rain.
6. Food crops are the major parts of production.
7. Means of transport and facilities for storing food are inadequate and roads are un-metalled.