Food processing is the process of changing raw food materials into more readily usable form. Its advantages and disadvantages are:
1. We get food materials out of season.
2. It prevents spoilage of food stuff.
3. It enables the availability of food material at distant places.
4. Storage period increases.
1. Processed food-stuffs often lose nutrients.
2. Milled and polished rice results in loss of iron and vitamin B.
3. In white-flour (Maida), there is loss in weight and nutrients.
4. The original taste changes to some extent.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?