Duties of store keeper: These can be briefly set out as follows :
1. To exercise general control over all activities in Stores Department
2. To ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
3. To maintain proper records.
4. To initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
5. To initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
6. To check and receive purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
7. To reserve a particular material for a specific job when so required.
8. To issue materials only in required quantities against authorised requisition notes/material lists.
9. To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?