(1) Sociology is the study of social relationships or social activities but Economics is the study of only the economic activities of man.
(2) Sociology is abstract in nature whereas Economics is concrete.
(3) The scope of Sociology is much wider than that of Economics.
(4) Sociology is a general social science but Economics is a special social science.
(5) In Sociology society is regarded as the unit of study whereas in Economics the individual is the target of study.
(6) Both Sociology and Economics differ from each other in respect of various methods they use for their study.
(7) Sociology studies man as a social animal but Economics studies man as an economic being.
(8) Sociology is the youngest of all the social sciences but Economics is older than sociology.