1. Classification without basing on relationship among plants.
2. Based on one or two superficial morphological characters.
3. Characters chosen were arbitrary, sexual and for sake of convenience only .
4. Does not give any idea on origin and evolution of different taxa.
Example: Linnaean system.
1. Classification basing on form or natural relationship between plants.
1. Based on one or more natural characters.
2. Characters chosen were permanently retained sexual or vegetative characters.
3. Also does not give any idea on origin and evolution of different taxa, but gives some idea on their natural relationship.
Example: Bentham and Hooker’s system.