1. Large pillars like roots develop from hprizontally spread brnches of tree.
2. Grow vertically downward and enter the soil.
3. Support the spreading branches. The main function is mechanical support, e.g. Ficus benghalensis
1. They arise from basal nodes of the stem near the soil.
2. Grow obliquely and enter the soil.
3. Support the plant body against wind like the ropes of a tent. It is also meant for mechanical support.E.g. Pandanus.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?