1. Peroxisomes are single membrane microbodies found in photosynthetic cells of plants and liver and kidney cells of vertebrates.
2. It contains enzymes like peroxides, oxidases and catalases.
3. It is involved in formation and degradation of hydrogen peroxide and detoxification of poisons in the cell.
1. Glyoxysomes are also single membrane microbodies but found only in plant cells.
2. It contains many enzymes like isocratic lyase, malate synthetase, glycolate oxidases, etc. for glyoxylate cycle (i.e., metabolism of glycolic acid).
3. It is involved in photorespiration and conversion of fats into carbohydrates.