1. The main plant body is a gametophyte and haploid.
2. True roots and leaves are absent.
3. Vascular tissue is absent.
4. Archegonia with long neck having 6 vertical rows of cells.
5. Sporophyte is capsular and totally dependant on gametophyte.
1. Main plant body is a sporophyte and diploid.
2. True roots and leaves are present.
3. Vascular tissue is present.
4. Archegonia with short neck having 4 vertical rows of cells.
5. Sporophyte is differentiated to root, stem and leaves and is initially dependent on gametophyte.