1. Lichens are composite organisms composed of algal (phycobiont) and fungal(mycobiont) partners.
2. Here thallus organization is complex type with upper cortex, medulla, lower cortex and root-like rhizines.
3. The partners are intimate combination, showing mutualism or symbiosis.
4. Special structures like isidia, soredia, etc. are formed for vegetative reproduction.
1. Fungi are non-chlorophyllous thallophytes.
2. Thallus is mycelia, made up of threads-like hyphae.
3. These are heterotrophs, live either as saprophytes or as parasite.
4. No such structure is found in fungi.