1. Lichens are composite organisms composed of algal (phycobiont) and fungal(mycobiont) partners.
2. Here thallus organization is complex type with upper cortex, medulla, lower cortex and root-like rhizines.
3. The partners are intimate combination, showing mutualism or symbiosis.
4. Special structures like isidia, soredia, etc. are formed for vegetative reproduction.
1. Fungi are non-chlorophyllous thallophytes.
2. Thallus is mycelia, made up of threads-like hyphae.
3. These are heterotrophs, live either as saprophytes or as parasite.
4. No such structure is found in fungi.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?