1. It is an independent plant with diploid chromosome number.
2. In algae, the sporophyte is confined to zygote. In bryophytes, the sporophytes are a complex structure but is dependent on gametophyte.
3. In pteridophytes, gymnosperms and angiosperms the sporophyte is dominat.
4. In lower groups of plants, sporophyte reproduces by spores spores that give rise to gametophyte.
5. In higher plants sporophyte performs vegetative and sexual reproduction.
1. It is an independent plant with haploid chromosome number.
2. In alaga those and bryophytes the gametophyte is dominant.
3. In pteridophytes, gymnosperms and angiosperms, the gametophytes are very much reduced.
4. In lower group of plants, gametophyte reproduces vegetatively, asexually and sexually. Vegetative and asexual reproduction produces gametophytes whereas sexual reproduction produces zygote, which represents the sporophyte.
5. In higher plants, the gametophyte represents the gametes only which fuse to form sporophyte.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?