1. It is a process of genetic recombination in bacteria where DNA fragments are taken up by bacterial cells from external medium.
2. Here direct contact between bacterial cells does not occur.
3. Only small fragments of DNA are taken up.
4. This occurs in bacterium.
1. It is also a process of genetic recombination in bacteria, where two cells conjugate and a segment of DNA transfers from one another.
2. Here two bacterial cells come in contact and a conjugation tube is formed.
3. An appreciable length of DNA segment can be transferred.
4. This involves two strains of bacteria.