All natural disasters leave behind a trail of damage, death and destruction, the common problems faced in areas affected by disasters are :
1. A great loss of animal, plant and human life.
2. People get hurt by or buried under fallen debris.
3. Destruction and damage to buildings.
4. Disruption of communication and transport.
5. Disruption of civic amenities like electricity, water, telephones/ etc.
6. Large-scale fires.
7. Floods in certain areas.
8. Landslides in hilly areas.
9. Exposure to disease and danger of epidemics.
10. Breakdown of law and order.
11. Widespread panic and loss of morale.