Follow the below given steps for controlling and preventing noise pollution.
- Control of Noise pollution at Source
- Noise producing industries, railway stations, aerodrome, etc. should be located far away from the residential areas.
- We should play various music systems such as stereos, television, etc. at low volume.
- We should not use loud speakers during night. Even during time they should be used at low volumes.
- Various machines should be well maintained so that they produce less sound.
- It is observed that certain persons blow horns of their vehicles unnecessarily, or remove silencers of the exhaust pipes of vehicles. Such practices produce lot of noise and should be avoided.
- Laws should be framed so that the persons producing unnecessary noise are punished.
Control of Noise Pollution by obstructing the path of Noise
- By constructing soundproof buildings, the menace of sound pollution can be minimized.
- Plants also help in controlling noise pollution because they absorb high frequency sound waves. Thus, planting trees along the roads help in controlling noise pollution.