1. The main use of sulphur is in the preparation of SO2 which is used in the manufacture of sulphuric acid.
2. Sulphur is used in the manufacture of carbon disulphate, sodium thiosulphate, gun powder, matches and in fireworks.
3. Sulphur is used on vulcanization of rubber. Natural rubber is soft and sticky. Heating it with sulphur makes it hard non-sticky and more elastic. This process of heating of natural rubber with sulphur is known as vulcanization.
4. Sulphur is used as fungicide and insecticide in agriculture and as a disinfectant in medicines.
5. Sulphur is used in ointments for curing skin diseases.
6. Sulphur is used in beauty parlours to give specific shapes to the hair.