6 essential facts on the neighboring countries of India.
At a Glance
1. India shares its borders with China, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka.
2. The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) has been formed for the purpose of peace, stability, and economic progress in the region through mutual cooperation.
3. India and China have had links since ancient times. The Panchsheel Pact represented an important stage in our relationship. A border dispute led to a war with China in 1962. A long time after the war, relations between the two countries have begun to improve.
4. India and Pakistan are parts of what was formerly one country. We share a common tradition and culture. But we have had major wars and recently there was the Kargil conflict. This has severed relations between the two countries. We are still trying to develop and maintain a friendly relationship with Pakistan.
5. India helped the people of Bangladesh achieve their freedom from Pakistan’s domination. Strong political, economic, and cultural ties have been formed and kept up with Bangladesh.
6. India and Sri Lanka have ancient, mythological, historical, and cultural ties. There has been some problem concerning people of Indian origin in Sri Lanka but our political and trade relations have been good all along.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?