Some of the most important uses of plain mirror are :
Use of plane mirrors:
1. Plane mirrors are used as looking glass.
2. Plane mirrors also have many scientific uses. In most of the measuring instruments, a plane mirror is placed under the scale and pointer. When the pointer moves, the image in the plane mirror also moves. Now the eye is so placed that the pointer covers its own image, and thus the pointer and its image coincides. Thus the eye, the pointer and its image in the mirror are in the same line perpendicular to the scale. This helps in getting the correct reading.
3. Plane mirrors are also used in constructing periscope which is used in submarines.
4. Plane mirrors are used in solar cookers.
5. Plane mirrors are used to make kaleidoscope, a toy which produces beautiful patterns from colored paper, pieces of glass or small colored beads.