Uses of Acids:
1. Vinegar, used in the kitchen, is a liquid containing 3-6% acetic acid. It is used in pickles and in many food preparations.
2. Lemon and orange juice contains citric acid. Citric acid is used in the preparation of effervescent salts and as a food preservative.
3. Acids have been put to many uses in industry. Nitric acid and sulphuric acid are used in the manufacture of fertilizers, dyes, paints, drugs and explosives.
4. Sulphuric acid is used in batteries, which are used in cars, etc. Tannic acid is used in the manufacture of ink and leather.
5. Hydrochloric acid is used to make aqua regia, which is used to dissolve noble metals such as gold and platinum.
6. Sulphuric acid is used in manufacturing fertilizers such as super phosphate, ammonium sulpahte etc.
Do you like this site?
If you enjoy reading PreserveArticles.com, please share this site with your friends.?