The difference between Sound waves and Light Waves are: Sound Waves require a medium where Light Waves do not require a medium
1. Require a medium.
2. Travel with a speed of 332 m/s at 0 C.
3. Are longitudinal waves consisting of compressions and rarefactions.
4. Are of different frequencies, giving notes of different pitches.
5. Do not travel far as their energy is dissipated easily.
1. Do not require a medium
2. Travel with a speed of 3 *108 m/s.
3. Are electromagnetic waves consisting of varying electric and magnetic fields.
4. Are of different frequencies, resulting in different colors.
5. Can travel through a much greater distance.