6 important factors that affect evaporation are :
1. Wind assists evaporation; for example in clothes dry faster under a fan.
2. Heat assists evaporation; for example, in summer clothes dry faster than in winter.
3. Increase in surface area exposed assists evaporation; for instance, a wet cloth spread out dries faster than when folded.
4. Dryness assists evaporation; for instance, clothes dry faster in summer than during the monsoon when the air is humid.
5. Rate of evaporation depends upon the nature of the liquid; for example, petrol evaporates faster than water.
6. Vapor pressure: if pressure is applied on the surface of a liquid, evaporation is hindered; consider, for example, the case of a pressure cooker.